Thursday 7 May 2009

Questionnaire

I am a twenty year old female studying for a degree in English. ‘The Being Bad’ module is relevant to the course I am doing as it allows me to analyse things critically by looking at things from various perspectives that I may not have considered previously. The course was not too demanding and it was often very thought provoking and interesting. The topics covered were appropriate and it was interesting to be taught by a different lecturer each week. The format of the classes worked well though as some of the lectures were shorter than others, a short seminar group following the lecture could have been profitable to see how other students felt about the topic covered and see different opinions and stances.
Using an interdisciplinary approach was very useful as it meant that I could apply various methods that I learnt and ideas that I had into my literature criticism over the rest of my more English based modules. I defiantly feel that the module has improved my analytical skills and it has benefited the work I have done over the rest of my course. I intend to take the follow up course ‘It Shouldn’t be Allowed’ next year as part of my second year. I would defiantly recommend ‘Being Bad’ to a friend as I believe that it helps build key skills for other courses even if Philosophy does not appeal to them.
The web logs were a really good idea and meant that I was thinking of new ways to approach issues as I went about my day to day life. The essays too were good assessment methods as I would not have come across a piece of creative writing in any of my other modules. I feel I have learnt a lot from the module such as the origin of tattooing and social attitudes towards various forms of ‘bad’ behaviour such as smoking and masturbation in different societies and periods in history. All of this had made me more aware of moral issues and there perceptions in society.

No comments:

Post a Comment